- 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
Alfajores are typical South American cookies.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add egg and flour and mix well.
- In scant teaspoonfuls, drop onto a cookie sheet. Pat with a floured finger into very thin 1.5-inch circles.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until just starting to brown around edges.
- Sandwich two cookies together with cooked condensed milk. To cook condensed milk, place entire, unopened can in a large saucepan, cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer about 2 hours. This turns it into caramel.