- cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup organic Spectrum All-Vegetable Shortening
- cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup gound toasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- On medium heat, place almonds on a saucepan.
- Toast until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Once cooled, place almonds in a coffee grinder .
- Grind almonds to a fine powder.
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Add shortening to dry ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients with your hand.
- Add the almond milk and mix until becomes like a dough.
- Take a tablespoon of cookie dough and roll in hand.
- It should be oblong in shape and slightly flatten.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool cookies on pan.
- When cooled, roll each cookie in powder sugar.
- Shake off excess sugar.
- The cookies are then ready to pack or eat. Enjoy!
Yield: 15.0 cookies