- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, plus 2 cups for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 medium tart apples, such as Granny Smith, cored, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- Mix cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl.
- Using different bowl, beat 4 tsp oil, buttermilk and eggs.
- Mix in 2 tbsp sugar, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Heat 2 cups oil in a big frying pan to 375 degrees.
- Dip a couple of apples in batter and fry about 2 min. each side of the apples.
- Put on paper towel to dry.
- Serve with cinnamon.