- 250 grams flour, 1 pinch salt, 1 egg, 20g butt
- 1 ,5 kg apples
- 80 grams bread crumbs
- 125 grams sugar
- 65 grams raisins
- 65 grams chopped almonds
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 40 butter
- 1/8 liter sweet cream
- a baking board or a firm surface to prepare and make the dough (see picture)
- On a baking board add flour, make a pit in the middle, add butter and salt and as much water you need, to make an elastic and smooth dough which can be kneaded. Cover it with a warm bowl and let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the filling:
- Peel apples, remove the core and cut it in fine slices
- Scald raisins and mix apples with breadcrumbs, sugar, almonds, sinnamon and raisins
- Put flour on the baking board and roll the dough and carefully stretch it to all sides until the dough is regularly smooth.
- Apply the cream on the dough and spread the filling all over the dough
- Roll it
- Grease a baking tray (or use parchment paper) and put the strudel on it
- Bake it for 60-70 minutes on 210-220 degrees C (410-428°F)
- While it is baking brush melted butter over the strudel
- Enjoy it with whipped cream, vanilla sauce or vanilla icecream, and a cup of coffee. I prefer it warm!
- Use a kitchen cloth when rolling the dough.
- Put the strudel into a fire resistant pan instead of a baking tray; sometimes the thin layer cracks and apple juice is dripping.
- The less grease the dough has, the more thinner it can be made.
- Wrap the strudel in aluminium foil, but not completely, leave the surface uncovered.
Yield: 6.0 servings