- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken strips into a large, resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder. Pour mixture into bag with chicken. Seal, and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- In another large, resealable plastic bag, mix together the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder. Remove chicken from refrigerator, and drain, discarding buttermilk mixture. Place chicken in flour mixture bag. Seal, and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Carefully place coated chicken in hot oil. Fry until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.