- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup meat broth from 1 cube
- ¾ cup home made bread crumbs
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 veal cutlets
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 ½ cup mixed mushrooms, sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 4 slices of provolone
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and milk together, add meat broth and set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs, pepper and parsley in a separate bowl. Mix and combine.
- Flatten the veal thin between two sheets of wax paper.
- Dredge the veal in eggs and then the bread crumbs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Fry the veal in 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil until lightly browned, drain on a paper towel.
- In a separate large frying pan sauté the onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic until tender. Season with salt and pepper
- Place the veal in a large casserole dish and top with the peppers and onion mixture.
- Top each cutlet with a slice of prosciutto and then the provolone.
- Bake in the oven at 220˚C for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Garnish with parsley.