The Singapore Sling was originally created for the Raffles Hotel in Singapore in the early 20th century. The recipe for this delicious drink is often recorded incorrectly, so even if you think you’ve had it, you probably haven’t! Here, cocktail expert Robert Hess shows us how to make one the right way.
Posted on March 16, 2017 Leave a Comment
- 1 cup milk (half and half, cream, nut milk, soy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can orange juice concentrate, slightly thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar, or to taste
- 2 cups ice, or to taste
- Blend all of the ingredients without the ice in a blender until creamy and smooth and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add more milk or water if desired.
- Add the ice and blend until smooth.
Optional: Add 1-2 ounces of Vodka, Rum, Malibu, Marshmallow vodka per portion.
Yield: 3 8-ounce serves
Posted on March 11, 2017 Leave a Comment
- 1 1/2 ounces Pomegranate Black Tea
- 1 1/2 ounces cognac
- 1/2 ounce orange Curacao
- 4 one-inch square pieces of pineapple
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Muddle the pineapple chunks and the Curacao in the bottom of a mixing glass.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake well with ice.
- Double strain into a chilled flute and garnish with grated fresh nutmeg.
Posted on December 28, 2016 Leave a Comment
- 1 (6 ounce) can of frozen limeade concentrate
- ice cubes
- 6 inch wooden skewers
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen pineapple juice concentrate
- 4 cups cold water/1 liter of club soda
- fresh strawberries
- assorted fruits such as halved orang slices, halved lime slices, orang sections, raspberries, strawberries, sliced kiwi and mint sprigs
- Pour limeade, water, ice cubes and pineapple juice into a pitcher.
- Mix with spoon.
- Put fresh fruits on wooden skewers to decorate your drinks before serving.
Submitted by: Wanda Stevens