- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 (28 ounce) can Muir Glen organic whole peeled tomatoes, crushed with your hands
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the turkey and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. After a couple of minutes add the crushed tomatoes and simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Cook the rigatoni. When ready, toss with Parmesan cheese.
- Tightly pack the rigatoni in an oiled 9-inch spring form pan, standing on their ends. Gently pour the meat sauce over.
- Cook in an oven for 15 minutes. Then top with mozzarella cheese, and bake another 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil (optional.)