Learn how to make guacamole from Brooklyn Taco Co. chef/owner Jesse Kramer in this Howcast video.
Learn how to make spicy mayo for sushi from sushi chef Mamie Nishide in this Howcast food video.
- 3 cups diced French Beans
- 2 cups diced fresh Brown Button Mushroom
- 1 tablespoon mushroom or oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic or shallots
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- dash of salt and pepper
- chopped red capsicum for garnishing
- Heat grapeseed oil in a stainless steel pan or wok and lightly brown chopped garlic or shallots.
- Add in diced brown button mushroom and mushroom or oyster sauce. Stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in diced french beans, soy sauce and water and stir fry vegetable is cooked but crispy. Season with salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- Dish up on serving plate and garnish with chopped red capsicum and serve with cooked rice.
Yield: 3 to 4 persons
- 250 grams of wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 150 ml of water
- 200 grams of chicken meat, minced
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 1/2 of small leek, chopped finely
- 2 dried shitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dried shrimps
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 cm long piece of ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon of potato starch
How to make Siumai chicken dumplings
1. Combine the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Bring water to the boil. Pour onto the flour. Mix vigorously and quickly. When the mixture is cool enough to handle (but still warm), knead for 5 to 10 minutes to a perfectly smooth dough. When lightly pressed with your finger, the dough will bounce back.
2. Reconstitute mushrooms and dried shrimps about 30 minutes, drain and chop finely.
3. Mix all filling ingredients well.
4. Divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece out into a sausage-like rope. Divide each rope into eight pieces. Each piece (there’re 32 in total) makes one wrapper.
5. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of each wrapper, gather edges into flower like shape.
6. Steam about 10 minutes.
7. Serve with favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 cup panko
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground chicken breast (or dark meat)
- 16 small mozzarella cubes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups Muir Glen marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, combine half of the Parmesan cheese, the panko and the olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. Add the chicken, garlic, red bell pepper, onion, oregano, basil, the remaining Parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. In each well, place a couple of tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Put a cube of mozzarella in the center of the mixture and then top it with the rest of the mixture.
- Drizzle the panko/Parmesan mixture on top of each chicken mound.
- Bake for 25 to 30 min. and then let rest 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, warm the marinara sauce.
- Serve the cupcakes with the sauce.
Here's a simple recipe that turns out marvelous mashed potatoes every time. Chef Cathy Nehmer shows you how to make this delicious side dish.
- 1 pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 scallion
- Parmesan or provolone cheese
How to make Roasty stuffed peppers
The pepper must be square shaped, as it will act as a bowl for liquid ingredients.
Cut the pepper in half (resulting in two ‘bowls’). Add an egg and some chopped scallion to each and bake until the egg is done (about 15 minutes). Then add the cheese and let it roast.
Goes well with read meat.