- 6 Chicken Breast Halves, skinned & boned
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Mushrooms, cut large ones in half
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 pound Linguini, uncooked
Chicken and mushroom pasta from Kitchn Chik celebrates fall. Mushroom season is upon us and this pasta dish is a delicious way to highlight their flavor. You can use any mushroom varietal for this dish. My advice is to cook with a blend of mushrooms that are available at the farmer’s market. Serve your chicken and mushroom pasta with a light green salad and a bold red wine .
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a rolling boil in a large pot. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour.
- Shake off any excess. Heat the oil in a large, heavy non-stick skillet over high heat. Brown the chicken on one side (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic. Turn the chicken. Scatter the mushrooms over the chicken. Cook for 3 minutes, shaking the skillet to distribute the mushrooms. Add the vinegar, broth, bay leaves, and thyme. Cover the skillet lightly. Cook, over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning the chicken once. Uncover.
- Transfer the chicken to a warm plate. Cover with foil. Continue cooking the mushrooms for another 7 minutes. Cook the pasta, stirring frequently, in the boiling salted water until al dente.Drain. Place on a warm serving plate. Arrange the chicken pieces over the pasta. Remove the bay leaf from the sauce. Pour the mushroom sauce over the chicken and pasta. Serve.