- Pasta & Vegetables
- 16 oz. of Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in 1″ cubes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ c. diced Onion
- two cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, long thin slices
- 1 c. Broccoli florets
- 1 c. Grape tomatoes
- The sauce
- two tablespoons of flour (use whole wheat)
- two c. half & half
- one fourth tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 c. Parmesan
Pasta & Vegetables
1. Cook your pasta and then drain it. You can add a bit of olive oil to the pasta water during the cooking. It will prevent the noodles from sticking together.
2. Sprinkle the chicken meat with some salt and pepper. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a skillet (medium heat) and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on all sides. Then put it to rest in a large bowl.
3. Saute the onions for two minutes (use the remaining olive oil). Then add in the garlic and bell pepper and saute two more minutes. After that, toss in any other woody veggies. Save the tomatoes until the very end.
Afer everything is cookes, mix the veggies with the chicken in the large bowl.
1. Melt the butter over medium heat. You can use the same pan you cooked the mean and veggies in. Toss in the flour and stir, cooking 1-2 minutes.
2. Add in the hald & half while stirring in order to prevent any clumps from forming. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes. Simmer until you see boiling action. Stir periodically.
3. Observe the saude. When it begins to bubble, turn off the heat and add in the Parmesan. Stir until it melty.
Sent by: Jesie Adams