- 3 1/3 pounds organic chicken drummettes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning(Trader Joes’s brand)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tabasco Sauce
- For the “Ranch” Dip:
- 3 tablespoons gluten free, vegan chive & garlic cream cheese (Galaxy Nutritional Foods brand, at health food stores)
- 2 tablespoons plain coconut yogurt
- For the Chicken Wing Drummettes:
- Add chicken into a large glass or stainless steel bowl, toss all the seasonings and brown sugar over the chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or two.
- Preheat the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Place all the seasoned chicken onto a parchment lined baking sheet spread out so that they don’t touch. If you are doubling the recipe use two pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add about 2 tablespoons of honey (or more if you like) and a few splashes of tabasco sauce (less or more to your liking).
- Add the chicken, if it feels to hot to toss, wait a few minutes or use two spoons to coat the chicken. Serve hot or warm.
- To prepare “Ranch” Dip:
- Add to a small bowl and mix well.
- Serve chilled with celery sticks and chicken wings.
Yield:Yields about 30 wing drummettes