- 24 frozen pre-cooked beef (or turkey) meatballs, thawed (you can do more or less)
- 1 lb. bacon, sliced in half (for a little added spice use peppered bacon)
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Smokin’ Dust Chipotle Seasoning by Jac’s Tailgaters
- Grandville’s Cajun BBQ Jam
- Cut bacon in half, I find that kitchen shears are the easiest for cutting bacon. Then, take a piece of bacon and wrap it around the meatball and slide it on to a bamboo skewer to hold it in place.
- Then, season to taste. You can use whatever you like and as much. We like Jac’s Tailgaters Smokin’ Dust Chipotle Seasoning. Put them on a platter and head for the grill. I let them “Smoke” for 30 minutes before turning the heat up to 350 for about 15 minutes or so. This is when you crisp them up and add the Grandville’s Cajun BBQ Jam.Open the lid and set the dial to “180”, after about five minutes shut the lid. Give it about 10 minutes to heat up. Patti has lined the drip pan with foil for me, it makes for easier clean up. Place your meatball skewers directly onto the grill and just let them hang out in the smoke and get happy for 30 minutes or so.
- After 30 minutes, turn the digital control up to 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Then brush them with your BBQ sauce, roll them and brush them again. Leave them on at 350 until the bacon is crispabout 10 minutes or so. This is when the bacon gets crisp and the sauce does its magic. For gas grill conversions go to our website: http://datenightdoins.com We do our recipes on our patio where we have a lineup of grills, including Royall Wood Pellet Grill/Smoker, Traeger, Char Griller side box smoker, Charmglow, Char-Broil, The Big Easy, Brinkman and Weber. I call it our “Wall of Grill”. Our grilling styles are healthy and low fat and will fit pellet heads, gas, natural wood and even charcoal purists. Almost any of our recipes can be done on any kind of good BBQ.