- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1 cup of fat free half and half
- cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips OR 6 oz. bar chocolate chopp
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heaping marshmallow creme
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the skim milk, half and half, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract. Bring the mixture almost to a boil.
- Put the pan on low heat, add the chocolate, and whisk until the chocolate starts to melt. Combine the cornstarch and water to form a slurry. Add the slurry a little at a time, whisking constantly, until the soup is thick and smooth. You will know it is ready when the bubbles are gone and the chocolate has thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully pour into two bowls and garnish.
- Microwave the cream cheese at 10 second intervals or until it can be stirred smooth. Add marshmallow creme to the cream cheese and mix well. Dollop on top of soup, or transfer mixture to pastry bag and pipe design.