- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar;
2 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese;
20 strawberries, cleaned and hulled;
Juice from 1/4 lemon;
1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with muffin papers.
- Mix hot coffee and chocolate chips in pourable container and let chocolate soften. Whisk.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract and whisk.
- Whisk sugars, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder in another bowl.
- Add the coffee mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Fill the muffin pan, each cup 2/3 full. Bake for about 20 minutes.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Place granulated sugar, lemon juice and strawberries in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese. Mix in strawberry puree, powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- When ready displace cupcakes from oven and let cool completely.
- Spoon a hole into each cupcake and place a halved strawberry.
- Top with frosting. Refrigerate.
- Melt 12 ounces chocolate candy coating.
- Pour over cupcakes and put a whole strawberry on top.
Submitted by: Ann James