- 8 Bigelow® Sweetheart Cinnamon Herb Tea Bags*
- ¾ cups hot whole milk
- 10 graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 – 9″ pie plate
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup cold whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set the rack on the middle setting.
- Place the graham crackers into the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse until crackers are fine crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and melted butter, and pulse until combined.
- Pour mixture into the pie plate and press firmly onto the bottom and sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place tea bags in the hot milk. Allow to steep for 5-7 minutes, and then remove tea bags, gently squeezing out liquid from bags.
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks, 2/3 cup of sugar, cornstarch and salt. Place pan on stove top and turn heat to medium-high. While whisking, add tea infused milk. Bring mixture to a low simmer while whisking vigorously. While continuing to whisk, add chocolate chips. Continue to whisk mixture at a low simmer until thickened into a custard, about 5-7 minutes total.
- Pour chocolate custard into cooled crust. Allow to cool completely before topping with whipped cream.
- Meanwhile, make the whipped cream. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until stiff peaks are formed. Spoon or pipe onto the cooled chocolate pie. Place entire pie into refrigerator to chill approximately 3 hours. Serve chilled.