- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet butter
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup almonds or walnuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven 350 degrees:
- Combine sugar, brown sugar and butter and mix with an electric mixer.
- Add 2 tsp orange zest and eggs and beat well.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- In food processor combine cranberries and nuts and chop and add to mixture.
- Shape dough into 3 rolls about 6 inches long. Place the rolls about 3 inches apart on cookie sheet: flatten each to form ¾ inch thick rectangle.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown and centers are firm to the touch.
- Let cool about 5 minutes.
- With serrated knife, cut each rectangle to ½ inch slices: place, cut side up, on cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until top surface is slightly dry. Turn cookies over: bake 6 to 8 minutes longer.
- Melt chocolate in saucepan on low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat: dip bottom side of biscotti in chocolate.
- Store the biscotti in tightly covered container.
Yield: 12.0 servings