- 8 ounces (240 grams) chopped semi-sweet chocolate; this amount will be melted
- 5 ounces (150 grams) chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup (86 grams) all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C).
- Chop the chocolate.
- Mix the sugar, the eggs and the vanilla extract in an electric mixer for about 5 minutes.
- Melt 2/3 of the chocolate with the butter ( in a microwave oven).
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture in your electric mixer and let it do its job for 3 more minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt and add it to the chocolate mixture in the mixer. Stir.
- Gently stir in the rest of the chocolate chunks.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough 2 fingers apart onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Yield: 12 Cookies.