- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted and cooled
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- French Toast Top
- 1 cup syrup
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- Oven at 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and 1 Tbsp of cinnamon.
- To the same bowl add in the cooled butter, eggs and buttermilk. Mix until just combined, you do not want to over mix because you will end up with a slightly “tough” muffin.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill a lined cupcake pan with the muffin mix.
- Bake for approx 18 minutes, or until the a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking get the topping ready. In a small saucepan, over low, add the syrup and butter and cook until the butter is melted and the mixture is just warmed. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Once the muffins are done, allow them to cool enough to handle. Dip just the tops of the muffins first into the butter syrup mixture then into the cinnamon sugar. This part is a little messy but the results are phenomenal!