Along Italian coasts it’s easy to get a garlic shrimp pasta recipe.
There are towns where you can find restaurants or trattorie serving seafood.
Well, this is one of those seafood pasta recipes made with spaghetti and shrimps. The addition of curry gives to the dish a nice spicy taste.
Ingredients: serves 4
– 12 oz (gr.340) spaghetti
– l lb (gr.454) shrimp’s tail
– 6 oz (gr.170) ripe or canned tomatoes
– 1 medium garlic clove
– 1 small bunch of parsley
– ½ cup (ml.113) dry white wine
– 4 tablespoons (ml.60) extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon (gr.14) curry powder
– salt and pepper
Preparation: easy 30 minutes
1. Of course if you are using for this recipe ripe tomatoes you first have to peel them with boiling water. Then wash and peel the onion and finally mince together with the parsley, separately mince the seeded tomatoes.
2. In a frying pan warm the olive oil and lightly brown for 2-3 minutes the shrimp’s tail; taste with salt and pepper. Pour in ½ cup of wine and bring to evaporate at medium heat.
3. In another pan add the remaining olive oil and wilt the garlic without browning, add the curry powder and bring to toast mixing with a wooden spoon.
4. At this point add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper, and keep cooking at low heat for 8-10 minutes. Just about 2 minutes previous the end of the cooking add the shrimps tail.
5. Cook spaghetti as usual, when they are ready drain and season in a dish with the shrimp sauce. Finally sprinkle over the top a little of minced parsley.