- 1 box Betty Crocker’s gluten free yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
Celebrate fall flavors with these delicious gluten-free cinnamon apple muffins from Cooking Gluten-Free. Gluten-free cake mix is transformed into spicy muffins with the addition of tart autumn apples and warms spices including cinnamon and nutmeg. These muffins can serve as an indulgent breakfast or dessert. If you want to make them really spectacular, top each muffin with cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
- Preheat oven to to 350 degrees.
- Core, peel, and chop the apples into small pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, lemon juice, and agave.
- In a large bowl, add the yellow cake mix, eggs, water, and apples. Now stir, stir, stir until very well combined.
- Line a muffin tin with baking cups and fill each cup with batter.
- Bake 18-23 minutes.