- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup honey, (orange blossom honey is wonderful if handy)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature
- In a large heavy skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Add the pork to the skillet and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes (depending of the size of the chops, nicely browned and no juices running) per side. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely and let rest.
- Remove all excess oil from the skillet and over medium heat add the vinegar, honey, honey, rosemary and thyme. Stir constantly until the honey is dissolved. Lower the heat and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the butter and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the chops and serve.