- 500 grams mascarpone
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons Kahlúa
- 1 1/2 cups strong coffee or espresso, cooled to room temperature
- 250 ml whipping cream (30%%)
- 8 tablespoons icing sugar
- 30 inches lady fingers (savoiardi)depending on how you will try to fit them the dish
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Put the mascarpone, vanilla, Kahlúa and a little less than 1/2 of coffee in a medium mixing bowl, blend until everything is smoothly mixed together.
- In another medium bowl, beat the cream with the icing sugar until smooth, then fold in the mascarpone mix.
- Place the remaining coffee into large deep plate, quickly dip the biscuits flipping sides, one by one, enough to make one layer in a 11×7 casserole dish.
- Spread evenly half of the mascarpone mix on top.
- Repeat with another layer of biscuits and the rest of the mascarpone mix. Refrigerate.
- Before serving, fill a small sieve with cocoa powder and lightly dust the top.
- If you are fancy, grate some of bittersweet chocolate or make chocolate curls and scatter them all over
Yield: 11.0 x7 inches pan