- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders – (20 pieces)
- 20 bamboo party skewers – (6″ long)
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse black pepper to taste
- Coarse salt to taste
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat. Skewer chicken.
- In a shallow dish, combine lemon zest and juice with extra-virgin olive oil. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade. Coat chicken tenders in marinade and season generously on both sides with coarse black pepper. Season chicken tenders lightly with salt.
- Cook tenders in 2 or 3 batches, a single layer, in a very hot grill. Chicken tenders will cook 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a serving platter and brush with the reserved marinade.
Yields: 20 pieces, 8 to 10 appetizer servings.