- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat water, margarine and salt to rolling boil in 3-quart saucepan. Stir in flour. Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Beat in eggs all at once and continue beating until smooth.
- Heat oil to 1-1/2 inch depth in heavy skillet to 360 degrees.
- Spoon the dough into a decorator’s tube with large star tip for authentic-looking churros. Squeeze 4-inch strips of dough into hot oil. Fry 3 or 4 strips at a time until golden brown, turning once; about 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain. Mix sugar and cinnamon in brown paper bag. Shake the churros in the sugar mixture.