- 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes, or tomato sauce
- 3 tsp dried oregano, divided
- 1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz raw ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 24 small square wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the onions, mushrooms, pepper, turkey and salt.
- Break the meat into pieces and put in the frying pan.
- Saute for 10 min. Add the garlic and mix for half minute.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oregano and the crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce), lower the heat and simmer for 10 min. Displace.
- Mix the ricotta, a tsp of oregano, a pinch of salt and pepper and the basil and stir.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put wonton wrappers in each.
- Pour half of the ricotta mixture in the 12 – cup muffin pan.
- Spoon half of the turkey mixture on top of the cups.
- Top with 2 teaspoons of mozzarella.
- Press second wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella.
- Repeat until using all of the left rocotta, tomato sauce and mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cups cool, displace from the muffin pan.
Submitted by: Nancy Thompson