- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces, 85 g) unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing ramekins
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup (75 g) all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting ramekins
- 1 tablespoon of liquor per ramekin (or according to taste)
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in bain-marie and then let cool for a few minutes.
- Whip eggs, egg yolks, sugar and a pinch of salt until a light yellow color. Add the melted chocolate and the flour.
- Grease and flour 5 or 6 ramekins (or oven-proof glass cups) tapping out the excess flour.
- Divide the chocolate cream among the ramekins
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of liquor into each ramekin and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about one hour or until you are ready to bake.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450° F (230° C) and bake for about 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, edges should be firm but the center will be runny.
- Run a sharp knife around each cake and unmold onto serving plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Yield: 6.0 individual cakes