- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar (divided)
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, coffee granules, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. (Optional — fold in raisins)
- Transfer a fourth of the batter into each of two greased 8″x4″ loaf pans. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over batter in each loaf pan. Repeat layers.
- Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.