- 2 cups nettles**
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for sauteing
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 large leek, chopped and husk removed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 fresh, local eggs
- 8 slices avocado
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- Make nettle pesto by adding fresh nettles, pine nuts, oils, and parmesan cheese, into a food processor or blender. Pulse to blend, adding oil slowly. Add a bit more oil or even a splash of water to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set pesto aside. Add a couple dollops of olive oil to a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped leeks and add garlic after a couple minutes. Saute until soft and caramelized, add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set leeks aside.
- Use the same pan to scramble eggs, adding salt and pepper to taste. When eggs are cooked half-way through, add cooked leeks and stir until combined.
- Place two slices of bread into the toaster until desired crispness.
- Spread nettle pesto onto each slice of bread. Top with scrambled eggs and leeks, avocado slices and garnish with more grated parmesan cheese.