- 24 Oreo halves, with cream filling attached
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 24 Oreo cookie halves
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1⅔ cup sugar
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (I quarter them)
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Oreo cookie crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- Place in the bottom of each paper liner an Oreo halve cream side up.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl. Stir with a fork until well blended. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until the mixture is fluffy and light. It takes about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg whites one by one and beat well after each addition. Mix in 2 tbsp of the vanilla extract.
- Beat in half of the dry ingredients with the mixer on low speed until incorporated. Add in the milk and beat. Mix in the remaining dry ingredients.
- With a rubber spatula gently fold in the chopped Oreos until evenly mixed. Be careful not to over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Rotate the pans halfway through baking.
- When ready remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Combine butter and cream cheese and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed about 1 minute until smooth. Mix in 1 tbsp of the vanilla extract.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth and incorporated 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in the heavy cream on medium-low speed until blended.
- Whip for 4 minutes on medium-high speed until fluffy and light.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- Garnish with Oreo crumbs and top with Oreo halves.
Submitted by: Rebecca Morris