Learn how to make chocolate bark in this Howcast food video featuring pastry chef Katie Rosenhouse.
- 2 green bell peppers, cut in halves and deseeded
- 1 package of soft tofu
- 3 champignon, sliced and fried
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1,5 tablespoon of dried shrimps, soaked and drained
- nori, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- How to make Tofu and mushrooms stuffed peppers
- Mash tofu with fork, add egg, champions, soy sauce, dried shrimps and sesame oil, mix well.
- Scoop stuffing into bell peppers and sprinkle with nori.
- Heat oil in frying pan, fry peppers upside down about 10 minutes then flip side and fry another 3 minutes.
- Serve as side dish.
- Vanilla sandwich cookie wafers
- Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- Ice cream sugar cones (top 1-1/2 inch)
- Circle pretzels (found in Chex Mix Sweet ‘n Salty Honey Nut mix)
- Chocolate frosting (chocolate pudding, chocolate ganache, etc.)
- Chocolate or vanilla candy melts
- Cut the ice-cream cones to 1 – 1/2 “. To prevent from falling apart soak in water for 20 sec.
- Trim off where the wet parts connect the dry parts. Let them dry perfectly before assembling.
- Set the cookie wafers apart and wipe filling.
- Trim off a small part of the circle pretzels to make two handle points.
- Microwave 2 ounces of chocolate/vanilla candy melts ( twice for 30 sec ) in a zip-top bag to melt.
- Cut the corner of the zip-top bag and drop a little candy melt in the middle of the cookie wafers.
- Put Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups ( do not wrap them ) over the candy melt.
- Assembly by placing the cut sugar cones over Reese’s cups.
- Drop candy melt in the bottom of the ice cream cones where it is connected to the Reese’s cup.
- Top with frosting.
- Drop a candy melt to the cutted edges of the pretzels and stick them on the out sides of the sugar cones.
- Hold them for a few seconds until they stick well.
- Best serve the same day!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips , divided
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- one brownie layer*
- Heat oven to 350 degrees .
- Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake brownie layer* in the prepared pan for half an hour.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Add eggs, heavy cream, salt, and vanilla and beat after each addition.
- Save 2 tbsp chocolate chips for later and microwave the rest for 1-1/2 minutes at medium (50 %). Stir.
- When chocolate melts mix it in the cheesecake batter.
- When brownie is ready spread cheesecake mixture on top of it.
- Bake again for about 45 minutes. Displace and let cool on a wire rack.
- Loosen cake with a knife from side of pan.
- Let cool to room temperature and remove side of pan.
- Microwave the remaining 2 tbsp of chocolate chips for half a minute at medium.
- When chocolate is melted drizzle it on top.
- Cover and put in a refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Mix 1-1/4 cups sugar, 6 tbsp melted butter/margarine, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 eggs and stir until well combined.
- Add 1/3 cup Hershey’s Cocoa, 1 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder and stir.
Submitted by: Diane Gray
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 fresh thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced into thin coins
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 6 ounces leftover chicken
- 1 cup mushrooms, rinsed, drained and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- In a pot, bring chicken stock and ginger to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, agave, chicken, mushrooms and carrot
- Just before serving, stir in lime juice and cilantro
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate candy, divided
- 7 whole graham crackers (1 cup finely crushed)
- 12 large marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a resealable plastic bag to place graham crackers in and break into crumbs.
- Mix them with butter and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Spoon one tbsp of crumb mixture in each cup of a mini muffin tin.
- Form shallow cups by pressing the crumbs firmly. Bake about 5 minutes.
- Break 2 candy bars into rectangles.
- Displace from oven and put one candy rectangle in each cup.
- Cut marshmallows across in two parts with dipped in cold water shears.
- Place one marshmallow cut-side down in each cup. Bake for about 2 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes on a cooling rack. Displace cups from tin and cool completely.
- Break the rest of the candy bars and microwave on high 1/1-1/2 minutes. Stir at intervals of 20 seconds.
- Top each marshmallow with the melted chocolate.
- Place with top-side up and let stay for about an hour.
Submitted by: Grace Hunter
- 20 whole strawberries
- 30 chunks pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 30 chunks papaya (other fruit suggestions: apples, mango, kiwi)
- 6 chunks dark chocolate (Xocai Healthy Chocolate Nuggets)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Wash fruit if needed. Remove stem from the strawberries, but leave them whole, Cut other fruit into 1-inch chunks. Arrange chunks of fruit on 10 kabob sticks, alternating fruit so you have 2 to 3 of each fruit on the stick. I like to start and end with a strawberry. 2 Melt butter in a double broiler. Add Nuggets and melt on low. Remove from heat as soon as soft to stir. Line up fruit kabob close together. Drizzle chocolate over fruit in a zigzag pattern.
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 3/4 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix together the butter, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and first cup of the peanut butter until well blended.
- Press evenly into an ungreased 9×13 pan. (We used a pyrex.)
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. (Or, if you are like us and do not have a microwave…create a double boiler of sorts by placing a metal bowl over simmering water on the stove to melt the chips.)
- Spread chocolate evenly over peanut butter filling.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. (Until chocolate crust hardens throughout.)
- Cut into squares, serve, and enjoy!
Yield: 15.0 bars, but it depends on how you cut them
Kids can make perfect scrambled eggs with a little adult supervision. Here's a kid to show them how. Teenage professional chef Justin Miller shares a trick that makes it easy for kids, or their parents, to make perfect scrambled eggs.
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 1/8 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup strong coffee
- 3 large egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- Maple Walnut Mascarpone Cream
- 8 ounces container Mascarpone Cheese
- 8 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup walnuts, pulverized
- Cream the sugar and shortening together. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture a little at a time alternating with the coffee until well blended. Fold in the walnuts. Beat 3 egg whites into stiff peaks and fold them into the batter. Put the batter into a greased bundt pan. Bake for 50 minutes at 350º F.
- Mix all the ingredients together until the cream is smooth. Put a dollop on top of each piece or cover the top with the cream. Adjust the recipe to make it stronger if you like.
Learn how to make chocolate bark in this Howcast food video featuring pastry chef Katie Rosenhouse. … [Read more]
Ingredients 2 green bell peppers, cut in halves and deseeded1 package of soft tofu3 champignon, sliced and fried1 egg, whisked1 teaspoon of sesame oil1 … [Read more]
Ingredients Vanilla sandwich cookie wafersReese's Miniature Peanut Butter CupsIce cream sugar cones (top 1-1/2 inch)Circle pretzels (found in Chex Mix Sweet … [Read more]
Ingredients 1/4 teaspoon salt3/4 cup sugar1/4 cup heavy cream2 teaspoons vanilla extract4 eggs2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips , … [Read more]
Ingredients 3 cups chicken stock1 fresh thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced into thin coins1 cup coconut milk1 tablespoon fish sauce2 teaspoons agave nectar6 … [Read more]
Ingredients 1/4 cup powdered sugar4 bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate candy, divided 7 whole graham crackers (1 cup finely crushed) 12 large … [Read more]
Ingredients 20 whole strawberries 30 chunks pineapple (fresh or canned)30 chunks papaya (other fruit suggestions: apples, mango, kiwi)6 chunks dark … [Read more]
Ingredients 1 cup of melted butter2 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs2 3/4 cups of confectioners' sugar1 cup of peanut butter2 cups of semisweet chocolate … [Read more]
Kids can make perfect scrambled eggs with a little adult supervision. Here's a kid to show them how. Teenage professional chef Justin Miller shares a trick that makes it easy for kids, or their parents, to make perfect scrambled eggs. … [Read more]