- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 cup ice cream (your favorite flavor)
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Approximately an hour before you’re ready to serve the Peach Baked Alaska, place a baking sheet in the freezer.
- Wash, halve and pit the peaches.
- Put a large scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center of each peach like a bowl. Put peaches filled with ice cream in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to serve, preheat the oven on broil at 450 degrees.
- Separate the egg whites into your prepared metal or glass bowl (see notes) and beat with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Next, add the cream of tartar and, beating on medium-high speed, slowly add 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time over 2-3 minutes until the meringue becomes smooth, glossy and stiff peaks form.
- Place frozen peaches on the frozen baking sheet and carefully spread meringue over ice cream using a spoon or spatula, creating a decorative spiky/peak pattern using the back of your spatula/spoon.
- Broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes until meringue is golden brown and lightly crisp. Alternately, drizzle finished meringue with brandy or Gran Marnier and flambé just before serving!