- two boxes of cake mix (any flavor)
- two containers of frosting (any flavor)
- an assortment of small candies (i.e. jelly beans, M&Ms, lollipops, snack-size chocolate bars, etc.)
- 1.5 quart oven-safe bowl (greased and floured)
- an offset spatula.
- Prepare cake mix as directed. Place the batter in two bowls (even quantity).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake about 50 min. Try it out with a toothpick.
- When ready displace from oven, wait 10 min. and turn them on a rack. Let cool.
- Surround the cake with a plate with the smooth side on the bottom. Cut the top part of both cakes with a knife .
- Place the cakes with the removed side up, make a small circled space and leave about 3 ” to the edges. Spoon the inside leaving 3 ” to the bottom. ( it’s important ). Don’r trow the inner parts of the cakes.
- Put one of the cakes on a cake board. Layer frosting to the top circle (so that they can stick together later)
- Fill the free space with all kind of candies. When ready stick the other cake on top.
- Using an offset spatula layer frosting on the cake. Refrigerate for 15 min.
- Get it out of the fringe and layer again with frosting. Sprinkle with confetti sprinkles.
- Make cake pops with the cake crumbs if you wish.
- Serve and surprise others with the candies inside!