- 2 pkg Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough
- 4 bone in pork chops, about 1 1/2-2 lbs
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays Original)
- 1 lb sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw
- 1/2 -3/4 cup ranch dressing (just enough to coat)
- Slow cooker set to low, add in the pork chops and BBQ sauce. It may not look like enough sauce but they just need to be coated, you will end up with more liquid in the end. Cook for 5 – 5 1/2 hours. Using tongs, break up the pork into nice chunks and remove the bones.
- Oven at 500 degrees. I have a pizza stone so used that here and built the pizza on a well floured pizza peel. If you don’t have one use a floured baking sheet.
- Unroll the pizza dough and top with some of the pulled pork. Then top with the cheddar.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling hot. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for a minute, if you try cutting it right away the cheese will slide right off.
- In a small bowl add about 3/4 of the bag of broccoli slaw and toss it with the ranch dressing.
- Sprinkle the slaw over top the pizza. I served it with a simple arugula salad, prepared by my genius brother… hey it was his idea might as well put him to work!