- Honey Nutella Rice Krispies Nest:
1/2 cup Nutella and 1/2 cup honey;
4 cup Rice Krispies
- Mini Vanilla Cupcake:
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Nutella and 2 tablespoons color sprinkle
Honey Nutella Rice Krispies Nest:
- Put Nutella and honey in microwave for half a minute in a medium bowl.
- Stir and microwave more if needed until well combined.
- Combine with Rice Krispies.
- Place in a greased muffin pan and press to the sides to form a nest.
- Put in refrigerator for 3 – 4 hours.
Mini Vanilla Cupcake:
- Line mini muffin pan with muffin liners or grease it.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cream butter with an electric mixer with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed.
- Add sugar from time to time and beat until well combined.
- Lower the speed to medium and the egg. Then add half of the flour mixture and beat on low speed.
- Add vanilla extract and milk and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining flour mixture.
- Spread batter over muffin cups. Bake for about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove muffin liners and put 1 mini cupcake in each rice nest.
- If the cupcake is taller than the rice krispies nest press gently to flatten.
- Displace the whole nest from the pan.
- Melt Nutella in microwave for about 10 seconds and spread a tablespoon of Nutella over the cupcakes.
- Garnish with color sprinkle.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Submitted by: Thelma Hudson