- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, cut in thin slices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Trim bottom of Brussels sprouts and remove any undesirable outer leaves. Slice each sprout in half from top to bottom.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat; put sprouts cut side down in one layer in pan. Add garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook, undisturbed, until sprouts begin to brown on bottom, and transfer to oven. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until sprouts are quite brown and tender, about 1/2 hour.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. Stir in balsamic vinegar, and serve hot or warm.