- 250 grams of wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 150 ml of water
- 200 grams of chicken meat, minced
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 1/2 of small leek, chopped finely
- 2 dried shitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dried shrimps
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 cm long piece of ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon of potato starch
How to make Siumai chicken dumplings
1. Combine the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Bring water to the boil. Pour onto the flour. Mix vigorously and quickly. When the mixture is cool enough to handle (but still warm), knead for 5 to 10 minutes to a perfectly smooth dough. When lightly pressed with your finger, the dough will bounce back.
2. Reconstitute mushrooms and dried shrimps about 30 minutes, drain and chop finely.
3. Mix all filling ingredients well.
4. Divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece out into a sausage-like rope. Divide each rope into eight pieces. Each piece (there’re 32 in total) makes one wrapper.
5. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of each wrapper, gather edges into flower like shape.
6. Steam about 10 minutes.
7. Serve with favorite dipping sauce.