Easy, quick, informal!
Spaghetti aglio e olio or chili spaghetti, the garlic pasta recipe with extra vergin olive oil and dried crushed chilies. A contribute of flavor and spiciness to a variety of Italian pasta recipes.
A traditional, spicy hot Mediterranean recipe, though there’s a funny dispute between Naples and Rome for the origin of this dish.
This recipe is indeed simple, it’s so easy to prepare when you are in a rush. It’s very informal, uncomplicated but not tasteless.
this dish will completely satisfy you.
Ingredients: serves 4
– 1 lb (454g) spaghetti
– 2 big garlic cloves
– 3/4 cup (1/4 pt) (177ml) extra vergin olive oil
– 1 or 2 up to your taste, dried hot red chili or flakes
– 1/2 cup (113g) fresh chopped parsley (optional)
– 2 tbsp (30g) sea salt
The smaller dried chilies are generally stronger than the large ones. Usally no Parmesan cheese is served with this recipe.
Preparation: easy 20 minutes
1. Set the water to boil in a pasta pot. Only when boiling add the 2 tablespoons of sea salt, drop spaghetti in and give a stir.
It will take you 7 minutes to cook spaghetti “al dente”.
2. While spaghetti are cooking start to heat the olive oil in a large pan (I use a non-stick one). Slice the 2 garlic cloves in quarters, add the chili broken in 2 or 3 pieces or the flakes, fry until the garlic begins to turn golden.
3. When spaghetti are done, drain and shake them in a colander. Turn immediately into the pan, mix well spaghetti with olive oil. Let it simmer together for 1 minute, and if you want add the parsley.
Spaghetti aglio e olio are ready to be served.