- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 tub Cool Whip (8 oz)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 3 tsp shortening
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Oreo pie crust or graham cracker crust
- Mix shortening and chocolate chips, melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then stir. If required microwave for 15 -20 more seconds, then stir until well mixed.
- Use 3/4 of the compound to pour into the bottom of the crust and put in the refrigerator until hard.
- Whip sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until even. Pour the compound into the crust and put in the refrigerator for 1 night.
- Top the pie with the Cool Whip and the strawberries. Microwave the left chocolate and sprinkle it over the top. Then put it in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!