- 1 cup butter
- 3 larges eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup carrots, grated fine
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup raisins; optional
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, your choice
- 1/2 cup coconut; optional
- Cream the butter until fluffy and light.
- Blend eggs into the butter mixture, one at a time.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
- Sift the dry mixture into the butter mixture, alternating with the water (1/2 cup at a time). Add the vanilla.
- Fold grated carrots, pineapple, raisins, chopped nuts and coconut into the mixture
- Spread batter evenly in a 9×13 in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Yield: 12.0 to 14 servings