- 1 Pillsbury Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tub Pillsbury Classic White Frosting
- 50 Maraschino Cherries with stems
- 16 oz. tempered semi-sweet chocolate (or
dark confectionery coating/candy melts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your cake pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, water, oil, and eggs. Beat on medium speed for two minute with a hand held mixer.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 29-35 minutes. Cool completely when ready.
- Crumble cooled cake, add frosting and mix.
- Scoop mixture out by the tablespoonful and roll each scoop into a ball.
- Drain maraschino cherries then dry them with paper towels.
- Press one cherry into the center of each cake ball.
- Melt and temper your chocolate, then bathe cake covered cherries.
- Set on a baking sheet and [ut in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
Yield: 50 Cherry Bombs