- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips , divided
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- one brownie layer*
- Heat oven to 350 degrees .
- Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake brownie layer* in the prepared pan for half an hour.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Add eggs, heavy cream, salt, and vanilla and beat after each addition.
- Save 2 tbsp chocolate chips for later and microwave the rest for 1-1/2 minutes at medium (50 %). Stir.
- When chocolate melts mix it in the cheesecake batter.
- When brownie is ready spread cheesecake mixture on top of it.
- Bake again for about 45 minutes. Displace and let cool on a wire rack.
- Loosen cake with a knife from side of pan.
- Let cool to room temperature and remove side of pan.
- Microwave the remaining 2 tbsp of chocolate chips for half a minute at medium.
- When chocolate is melted drizzle it on top.
- Cover and put in a refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Mix 1-1/4 cups sugar, 6 tbsp melted butter/margarine, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 eggs and stir until well combined.
- Add 1/3 cup Hershey’s Cocoa, 1 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder and stir.
Submitted by: Diane Gray