- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 1/8 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup strong coffee
- 3 large egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- Maple Walnut Mascarpone Cream
- 8 ounces container Mascarpone Cheese
- 8 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup walnuts, pulverized
- Cream the sugar and shortening together. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture a little at a time alternating with the coffee until well blended. Fold in the walnuts. Beat 3 egg whites into stiff peaks and fold them into the batter. Put the batter into a greased bundt pan. Bake for 50 minutes at 350º F.
- Mix all the ingredients together until the cream is smooth. Put a dollop on top of each piece or cover the top with the cream. Adjust the recipe to make it stronger if you like.