- FOR THE PORK:
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic reduction
- 3 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped to mince
- 1 ½ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 ½ inch thick boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- FOR THE PEAS AND POTATOES:
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cut crosswise into ¼ inch strips
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into large dices
- 1 ¾ cup thawed pearl onions
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- ½ fresh minced thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 375º.
- Place over medium high heat, a large 12” ovenproof skillet. Add 1 tablespoon water to the skillet and the bacon. When the water is evaporated, stir constantly until the bacon is crisp. With a slotted spoon remove the bacon and place on paper towel to drain. Reserve the fat in the skillet.
- Heat the reserved fat in the skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes in a single layer and cook for 1 minute. Stir the potatoes once and then add the onions and the bacon. Cook for another minute. Stir to coat the onions and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and thyme and stir together. Cook for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile marinate the pork chops by whisking together the ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, white balsamic reduction, garlic, rosemary and ¼ cup oil. Place the pork chops in a glass or ceramic dish wide enough to fit all the pork chops side by side. Pour over the vinegar mixture. Coat the chops well and leave to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chops from the marinate and reserve the marinate. Pat dry the pork chops and season with salt and pepper on each side.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chops on a single layer and cook. Turn once until browned on both sides. About 6 minutes. Transfer the pork to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Discard any oil remaining in the skillet.
- Add the marinate to the skillet and bring to t a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Add any juices from the pork. Whisk in the butter season with salt and pepper and pour the sauce over the pork chops.
- Serve alongside the potatoes and peas.