- ½ cup cashew meal
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarb soda
- ¼ cup organic butter – melted
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup thick plain yoghurt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup white chocolate – roughly chopped, I like to keep some big chunks in the mix
- 8 fresh whole cherries
- Cane sugar – optional
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Prepare a muffin tray by lightly greasing, lining with baking paper or with muffin cases.
- Mix the cashew meal, almond meal, salt, baking powder and bicarb soda in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together all of the wet ingredients – the melted butter, honey, yoghurt, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until well incorporated. Gently fold in the white chocolate chunks and orange zest.
- Pour into the prepared muffin tray. Place a cherry in the centre of each muffin and sprinkle the tops with some cane sugar.
- Pop into the oven to bake for 25 minutes until golden brown on top.