- homemade or pre-made pie crust
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5-6 Granny Smith apples that can stand on their own
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Cut off the top of four apples and remove it.
- Spoon the inside of the apples.
- If you’re a skilled interior apple excavator, save as much as you can so you can use it for the next step. If not skilled throw the inside of the apple and follow the next step.
- Use the remaining apples for filling.
- Peel and slice them thinly.
- Mix the slices of apple with cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Fill hollow apples with the slices.
- Flatten out pie crust and cut into 1/4″ strips. Place them on top of the apples in lattice pattern.
- Arrange apples in an 8×8 pan and pour water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- When ready remove foil and place back in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Submitted by: Sara Gordon